The ever popular SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival is offering a wide range of treats for this year, including:
- New Orleans legend Aaron Neville will make a return to the Festival on Sunday, June 26, when he brings his soulful brand of R&B and gospel to the TD Mainstage, joined by his funky quintet and his brother Charles Neville.
- The Broadway Theatre will welcome one of the world’s great young jazz musicians on Monday, June 27, as bassist Christian McBride and his acoustic jazz quintet Inside Straight perform a collection of hard swing-to-bluesy groove tunes.
- On Saturday, July 2, a night of eclectic hip hop comes to the Bessborough Gardens, featuring Arrested Development‘s potent concoction of funk, rap, soul and jazz music, and the playful wordplay of De La Soul.
- Regina-born blues guitarist Colin James comes home to Saskatchewan to play the Festival on Saturday, June 25.
- Reunited for the first time since 1992, the original lineup of Béla Fleck & The Flecktones will perform their extraordinary music on Tuesday, June 28.
- Indie folk-rock duo Tegan and Sara will draw the Festival to a close on Sunday, July 3, in their first visit to Saskatoon since their sold-out concert at TCU place in January, 2010.